WeekendRiders Malaysia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for anyone from anywhere who is into 2 wheel wonders

5 posters

Things That Reminds us to Ride Safe

danielleo
    danielleo

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Things That Reminds us to Ride Safe Empty Things That Reminds us to Ride Safe

Post by danielleo Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:14 pm

Got a mail from bro Ironhorse.

Keep your eyes open
    this is something to think about!!!

See the Motorcycle?
    Things That Reminds us to Ride Safe Untitled

How about now?
    Things That Reminds us to Ride Safe Untitled02

Things That Reminds us to Ride Safe Untitled03

Things That Reminds us to Ride Safe Untitled04

A picture is worth a thousand words.

The Honda rider was travelling at such a 'very high speed', his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h (155 mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.

At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator is travelling at 227 feet per second. With normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above operator would have travelled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken.

In other words, they didn't even have time to say, 'Oh, ####!'

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE ON YOUR LIST... MIGHT SAVE A LIFE!
    bigbug
    bigbug

Number of posts : 43

Things That Reminds us to Ride Safe Empty Re: Things That Reminds us to Ride Safe

Post by bigbug Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:07 pm

Even emergency braking also will cover a lot of distance due to the speed
    rdanz09
    rdanz09

Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

Things That Reminds us to Ride Safe Empty Re: Things That Reminds us to Ride Safe

Post by rdanz09 Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:48 pm

I got this in my inbox, james iron horse v rider send this to me...make me rally sit up and stay alert when i'm on the road....

BTW thanks daniel for sharing this....
    danielleo
    danielleo

Number of posts : 23

Post by danielleo Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:04 am

rdanz09 wrote:I got this in my inbox, james iron horse v rider send this to me...make me rally sit up and stay alert when i'm on the road....

BTW thanks daniel for sharing this....

yah.. and the moral of the story is................

never ride a honda or drive a volkswagen golf Laughing Laughing Laughing
    CarroTT
    CarroTT
    Site Admin

Number of posts : 58

Post by CarroTT Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:06 pm

waaakakakakaaaa Laughing
    ARAtai
    ARAtai
    Site Admin

Number of posts : 12

Post by ARAtai Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:41 pm

That's why I would choose a HUMMER, should one day I decide to buy a car. LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:26 am